Based on my experiences, here’s my list:
1. Being clear about what you want
2. Becoming clear about your budget
3. Getting professional design advice
4. Checking out the companies you’re considering
5. Not taking the lowest bid
6. Sticking to the plan during construction
7. Not overestimating your ability to handle stress
8. Being realistic about how long remodeling takes
9. Respecting the crew
10. Appreciating what scores of workers have gone through to make your dream remodel come true
Feel free to download the PDF e-book I created on this topic.
What would you add to this list? What would you subtract?