Here’s what makes it so:
• Oriented so rooftop solar panels are at most effective angle.
• Made of Rastra block, which is recycled Styrofoam and concrete.
• Designed so afternoon breezes sweep hot air up and out of house.
• Bamboo floors.
• Counters made of recycled newsprint and resin.
• Carpeting made of corn. And more.
See more pictures of this house
Download Greentech.ppt (a PowerPoint presentation of this house being built, 12 MB)
Read the whole story in today’s Real Estate section
See more green remodeling
Have a question for the homeowners? Post a comment below.