The California water crisis is nothing new! Check out my story from 7 years ago:
I’ll admit I’ve been critical of water-saving schemes that conspire to take away my daily baths while the powers-that-be concurrently approve plans for more, more and more new developments in the Southland.
But the situation facing us this summer is way beyond my little rants. We are in a terrific drought, and a state official says the water shortage is the worst he’s seen in 30 years.
Being blamed are outdated water delivery systems and water-diverting efforts to save endangered species. Those endangered species! They’re such whiners! (That’s a joke.)
So it looks likely that water rationing will be the new green this summer.
And I wonder: How will you deal with it? Which of these will you embrace?
• Adding flow restrictors to faucets and showers
• Getting rid of some lawn in favor of drought-resistant plants
• Adding a drip watering system to the garden
• Putting in a gray-water system
• Capturing rainwater (another joke, as there is virtually no summer rain here)