The Latest

Halloween Horror — Yankee Candle haunted house screen can catch fire

10016
Name of Product: 
Haunted House Screen Tea Light Holders

Units: About 7,800

Distributor: Coyne’s & Company, of Minneapolis, Minn.

Hazard: The window panes on the screen can ignite, posing a fire hazard.

Incidents/Injuries: The firm has received three reports of the window pane catching fire. No injuries have been reported.

Description: This recall involves haunted house screen tea light holders made of black metal with a transparent coating on the glass windows. The haunted house measures 15-inches wide by 15-inches high by 4-inches deep and can hold up to six tea lights. Tea light candles are not involved in this recall.

Sold exclusively at: Yankee Candle stores nationwide and online at YankeeCandle.com between August 2009 and September 2009 for about $25.

See details at U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.


1 Comment on Halloween Horror — Yankee Candle haunted house screen can catch fire

  1. I’ve been waiting for these conversation pits to return!

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.

*