- Famous Folks at Home — Whose Dining Area Is This?
- Rent Instead of Own? We Can Still Make It Personal
- Hot Enough for Ya? Here’s a Little Visual Relief
- Strange but True House Stories from ‘Ripley’s Believe It or Not!’
- Recalls From Costco
- Before & After Vintage Kitchen — Uptown New Orleans
- 2.2 million bean bag chairs recalled following 2 child deaths
- HGTV Introduces New Shows for Fall of 2014
- HGTV Casting Calls — Updated Aug. 30, 2014
- Ask a Renovation Lender
- Kathy’s Kartoons — How NOT to Call a Contractor’s References
I’ve got my own paparazzo working down in New Orleans (AKA my husband, Bill) and he swung by the house Mike Holmes of “Holmes on Homes” is helping to build.
This project is part of the Brad Pitt-founded Make It Right Foundation.
You can see Mike on the right giving direction to his team members. A hot and humid July in New Orleans is the perfect environment for Mike’s signature undershirt-overalls outfit.
Notice how this house is being built on tall piers. Next time the levees fail (and that’s almost certain to happen), this house will get less flooded than one set on grade (ground level).
(Photo: Bill Robinson)
Copyright Kathy's Remodeling Blog (c) 2014 — Reproduce Content Only By Permission