- Famous Folks at Home — Whose Dining Area Is This?
- A Kitchen with Stainless Steel Cabinets? It Looks Better Than it Sounds
- What to Replace First? The Things You Touch
- The History of the Light Bulb
- Don’t Get Scammed! A Warning From HGTV
- HGTV Casting Calls — Are you building, buying, selling or remodeling? Fantastic!
- What Is Home Performance? Check This Out — Video
- The Connection Between Remodeling and Childhood Brain Damage: New Documentary Slams Lead Industry
- Hot or Not Hot? Smoke Alarms That Look Like Insects
- Tile that makes your mouth water
- Free and Cheap: Fleur de Lis Door on the Side of the Road
I’ve got my own paparazzo working down in New Orleans (AKA my husband, Bill) and he swung by the house Mike Holmes of “Holmes on Homes” is helping to build.
This project is part of the Brad Pitt-founded Make It Right Foundation.
You can see Mike on the right giving direction to his team members. A hot and humid July in New Orleans is the perfect environment for Mike’s signature undershirt-overalls outfit.
Notice how this house is being built on tall piers. Next time the levees fail (and that’s almost certain to happen), this house will get less flooded than one set on grade (ground level).
(Photo: Bill Robinson)
Copyright Kathy's Remodeling Blog (c) 2014 — Reproduce Content Only By Permission