The Earth Advantage Institute has given this matter a lot of thought, and here are what it considers the Top 10 green building trends for 2010 (stop me if you’ve heard these before):
1. The smart grid and connected home.
2. Energy labeling for homes and office buildings.
3. Building information modeling (BIM) software.
4. Buy-in to green building by the financial community.
5. Rightsizing of homes.
7. Water conservation.
8. Carbon calculation.
9. Net zero buildings.
19. Sustainable building education.
From Earth Advantage